- 2 pounds chicken breast, 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 T oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 t ginger
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (optional)
- 4 green onions
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat; cook 2 minutes per side.
- In the crock, mix sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and cayenne. Whisk.
- Add chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over rice or quinoa. Garnish with green onions.
Note: the cornstarch acts as a thickening agent if you feel your sauce is too thin.
Time:15 minutes prep, 3-4 hours baking time
Source: Favorite Family Recipes