I found a few pictures and captions explaining the dessert. A few days before Thanksgiving I set out to find the ingredients...I could not find the pumpkin spice instant jello. I know it exists because I've bought it before...so I improvised. I added canned pumpkin to vanilla pudding in small amounts until I hit a good flavor.
Everyone who tasted the dessert loved it! It was quite refreshing compared to the richer pumpkin dump cake.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 8 oz whipped topping, divided
- 2 small Jello instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin (this gave a light pumpkin taste, you may want to add more)
- 1 T pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups cold milk
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix butter, pecans, sugar, and flour. Press into 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake 10-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 1/2 cup cool whip until smooth. Spread over cooled crust.
- Mix pudding with milk. Add pumpkin and spice and continue to whisk. Set in fridge 5-10 minutes to set. Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with nutmeg to garnish. Refrigerate.
Difficulty: Medium; there are steps and cooling time to deal with
Time: 60 minutes
Source: adapted from a few recipes I found on pinterst