- 1 16 oz package penne or rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 cup Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette (click here for the easy recipe)
- 1 1/4 lb beefsteak tomatoes (I used what I had available), seeded and chopped
- 4 oz. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 (4 oz.) package arugula
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. (If you haven't made the vinaigrette, there is enough time to do so while the pasta is cooking.) Toss together hot pasta and vinaigrette in a large bowl. Cool.*
- Stir tomatoes and cheese into pasta mixture. Just before serving, stir in arugula; stir in salt and pepper to taste.
*The recommended cooling time from the original recipe is 30 minutes; I don't always wait so long. The difference is that the cheese may melt a bit when you add it.
Difficulty: very easy
Time: about 30 minutes
Source: Southern Living magazine, July 2014