- 5 or so banana peppers
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup of chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 1/3 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, Mexican blend, or whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Begin boiling water. Slice the peppers lengthwise and clean out seeds. Dice onion.
- Boil the peppers for about 5-6 minutes. Meanwhile, brown sausage with onion.
- Once sausage is browned, mix in the cream cheese.
- Remove the peppers from the water with tongs and place in the prepared baking dish. Stuff the peppers with the sausage mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Time: about 20 minutes
Source: this one is my own!