I didn't have all the ingredients my aunt recommended. No potatoes, but sweet potatoes. No Italian dressing mix, but savory herb and garlic. I figured it was worth a try. One of the easiest and best meals I have ever made. EVER.
I couldn't keep my mouth shut about it, so lots of my coworkers have tried it with various soup mixes and dressing packets-ranch and Italian were favorites.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-5 sweet potatoes, quartered (or red potatoes)
- 2 cans of green beans, drained
- 1 package of Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb and Garlic soup mix
- 1/4 of a stick of butter, melted
- Optional-chicken broth (a few times I've not thawed my chicken enough so I threw in the broth midway through cooking to keep from drying out the beans and spuds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a 9 x 11 baking dish; spray lightly with olive oil.
- Add beans, chicken, and sweet potatoes into thirds of the dish.
- Top with soup mix or dressing mix of your choice and melted butter.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes.
|Second time-going with red potatoes|
TIME: 5-10 minutes prep, 30-40 minutes baking time
SOURCE: My aunt