- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce (found in Asian section - also used in this awesome recipe for Asian pork chops)
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp cornstarch (optional)
- 2 Tbsp minced chives (optional)
- Combine broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, tomato paste, brown sugar, garlic and pepper in slow cooker. Stir well to mix.
- Add chicken thighs and stir well to coat. Cover; cook on low 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours.
- If thicker sauce is desired: Remove chicken with slotted spoon and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and 2 Tbsp cooking liquid in small bowl. Add to slow cooker. Turn heat to high. Stir 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in chives, if desired. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
Time: 15 minutes prep, 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours to cook
Source: Crock Pot Slow Cooker Bible, copyright 2010