- ground turkey (~1.5 lb)
- red pepper
- green onion
- 1 cup (cooked) quinoa
- 2 Tbs Hoisen Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Begin cooking quinoa. (I usually add 1 cup uncooked, rinsed quinoa to 2 cups of water, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. This makes much more than the recipe needs, but I always have a use for leftover quinoa.)
- Finely dice veggies (or use a chopper), keeping mushrooms separate.
- In a small amount of olive oil, saute carrot, red pepper, green onion until beginning to soften. Add mushrooms and saute a few minutes more.
- Add 1/4 cup soy sauce to the veggies, allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer veggies to a bowl.
- In same skillet, brown ground turkey. Once browned, add cooked veggies and 2 Tbsp Hoisen Sauce; mix. Add 1 cup cooked quinoa; mix well.
- Serve wrapped in Romain leaves.
Difficulty: medium (the dicing)
Time: 35 minutes
Source: my kitchen experiments