"Can you bring that yummy dessert you brought last time?"
Little do they know that this is the easiest thing for me to make to take to a neighborhood get-together, or any get-together for that matter! I have eaten it since I was a child, and I have made it since I was in college. It doesn't require me to heat up a stove or oven, it is pretty cheap (especially if you use store brand products like SHOP 'n SAVE's Essential Everyday line), and I get to lick the spoon after it is all made and put together. Perfect!
- a box of graham crackers
- 2 sm boxes of vanilla pudding
- 1 container of whipped topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can chocolate icing
- Line 9x13 pan with crackers.
- Mix 3 c milk and pudding with a wire wisk for 1 minute. Add whipped topping, mix well.
- Spread half of mixture on crackers. Add another layer of crackers and the rest of the pudding. Add a third layer of crackers.
- Remove lid and foil cover from icing and microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir. Pour over top layer of graham crackers. Refrigerate 4 hours or over night.
Time: less than 20 minutes, plus at least 4 hours to chill
Source: my mom's friend