We picked this recipe because I had an open can of packed pumpkin from some experimenting in the kitchen trying to make my own pumpkin pudding. It's a keeper! My kids loved helping measure the dry ingredients. They also helped add the oats and cranberries; each taking turns stirring. These cookies got high praise from my kids and husband.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup Craisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda into medium bowl.
- Beat brown sugar and butter in mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (5 minutes)
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add pumpkin; beat at low speed until well blended. Add dry mixture; mix until just blended. Add oats; mix well.
- Stir in cranberries. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
Time: 20 minutes prep; 12 minutes baking time
Source:YUMMY COOKIES: Baking with Kids, copyright 2008