- 6-7 large cooking potatoes
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) of sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 2 t parsley flakes
- 1 t garlic salt
- shredded cheddar cheese
- bacon (optional)
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel, quarter, and boil potatoes for about 20 minutes (or until soft).
- Place potatoes in mixer. Beat until smooth.
- Add cream cheese, milk, sour cream, and spices. Mix on medium speed until creamy.
- Put potato mixture into a 9x11 sprayed baking dish. Top with shredded cheese (and cooked bacon/bacon bits if desired). Cover. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover, bake an additional 10 minutes.
Difficulty: Medium (I did have to peel and cut potatoes)
Time: 30 minutes prep time, 40 minutes baking time
Source: Gooseberry Patch