I chose to try this recipe because many of the ingredients are on sale as Thanksgiving approaches. My favorite local grocery store had a special on ground turkey for $1 a pound. This was super easy to put together and tasted wonderful. I plan to make it with my Thanksgiving leftovers in a few weeks, substituting turkey leftovers and homemade mashed potatoes. I can't wait!
- 1 container (24 oz) mashed potatoes
- 1 pound uncooked ground turkey
- 1 box stuffing for turkey
- 1 can (16 oz) whole cranberry sauce
- 2 jars home-style turkey gravy
- 2 T butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit Microwave mashed potatoes, uncovered in container on high for 1 minute. Stir to break up potatoes.
- In a medium pan, brown ground turkey; drain.
- Spread dry stuffing mix in the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with cranberry sauce. Layer turkey and 1 jar of gravy. Spread mashed potatoes over layers in dish. Dot with butter pieces.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes
- Serve; heat remaining gravy (I suggest trying the dish before opening the second jar; we didn't need one). Serve with casserole.
|This version is made from leftovers, so the turkey is not ground. Not a totally photogenic meal, but delicious!|
Time: 15 minute prep; 40 minutes baking time
Source: Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes