This breakfast pizza was a hit with everyone. The crescent roll crust makes a big difference; the flaky, buttery bottom was perfect with the savory toppings. It would be easily adapted to use fresh produce like mushrooms, onions, and peppers as toppings. I prepped mine the night before and baked it when I got up. It was a great addition to a co-worker's baby shower; for easy serving, I cut with pizza cutter and stacked in a Pyrex dish layered with wax paper. No need for forks and knives for this (I remembered to make it, cut in, and put it in the car on the last Friday of the year...utensils would be way too much for me to handle).
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage, browned and drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Unroll dough onto a 15 x 10 cookie sheet. Press seams together (I used a rolling pin)
- Evenly sprinkle sausage, hashbrowns, and cheese over dough.
- In a bowl, beat together milk and eggs.
- Pour egg mixture over top over toppings on crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 35 minutes, until crust is browned and center of pizza is done.
Time: 15 minute prep; 30 minute baking
Source: a coworker