- 1 can pure pumpkin (29 oz)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional) a mini-chopper works great to speed this up
- 3/4 stick of melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Sprinkle cake mix on top.
- Cover with chopped nuts.
- Pour melted butter over top.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
Time: Prep is 15 minutes, baking time is 50 minutes
Source: a coworker