- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 diced onion (optional - my family actually prefers this recipe without the onion)
- 1 can refried beans
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 8 oz pkg cheddar cheese (I use sharp)
- 1 pkg dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 8 oz jar taco sauce
- Brown meat with onion (if using). Drain. Add seasoning and sauce. Simmer.
- Layer refried beans packed into 2 pie pans. Next layer the meat mixture. Let cool.
- Spread sour cream over top of meat. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.
Difficulty: pretty easy, especially if you decide to not use the onion, because then there is no chopping involved
Time: From start to finish, maybe just under an hour, but you can make these ahead of time, refrigerate or freeze them, and then pop them in the oven right before you want to serve them. If you are a multi-tasker, you can be making this while you are making dinner the night before your party - you are going to be in the kitchen anyway, why not accomplish two things?
Source: A friend of my mom's