- 1 butternut squash (~2 lb.)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 6 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Cut squash lengthwise in half; scoop out seeds. Add water to 13x9-inch baking dish; place squash, cut sides down, in dish. Cover.
- Bake 40 min. or until squash is tender when pierced with knife. Cool 10 min. Transfer squash to cutting board; drain liquid from dish.
- Scoop out squash into medium bowl, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Add cheese, sour cream, chives and paprika to squash flesh; mix well. Spoon into shells. Mix cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over squash. Return to baking dish. Alternatively: Rather than putting the mixture back into the shells, you can put it into a small baking dish.
- Bake 22 to 24 min. or until heated through.
Time: about 1 hour and 20 miutes, most of which is hands-off time