- 5-6 large red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 quart of chicken broth (I usually use 2 cans since that is what I buy)
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of turkey gravy mix
- 1 cup of half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Peel and cube potatoes (or open bag of hash browns-saute in skillet with butter for 10 minutes) and place into slow cooker.
- Add onions, garlic, butter, and chicken broth.
- Cook on high 3 hours (or low for 6); when potatoes are tender, mash them a bit to thicken the soup.
- Add gravy mix; stir.
- Add half-and-half; stir.
- Leave slow cooker on "warm" 20 minutes or so to thicken.
- Before serving, add cheddar cheese and allow to melt.
Time: 20 minutes prep, 4 hours cook timeSource: Adapted from a few friends' recipes