- 1 pound of sweet Italian sausage (Sometimes, I can't find the packages of ground sausage, but often I can find sausage patties in 2 pound packages that work great. I have even used links with the casings removed.)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, with or without Italian seasonings (NOT drained)
- 1 bag of baby spinach (I have used regular spinach and it is good, too.)
- 2 c penne pasta, uncooked (a little more than that usually is okay)
- mozzarella cheese
- Start by boiling the water for the pasta, and cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown the sausage and break it up so that it looks like ground meat.
- Once the sausage is cooked through, dump the can of tomatoes and juices in.
- Heat for a few minutes and then add the spinach a handful at a time, stirring and tossing until the spinach is all wilted.
- By the time the pasta is done, the sauce should be, too. Mix the two together, sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top, and voila! An awesome meal in the time it takes to cook pasta.
Difficulty: Super easy
Time: less than 20 minutes from start to finish
Source: adapted from a recipe on kraftfoods.com