1. Make a decision to enjoy the day and not let things get to you (even if that means completely ignoring the bickering) - just for this one day. That may be easier said than done at times, but for this one day, it can happen. Just try to appreciate as much as you can, knowing how quickly things change.
2. If you have someone to make you breakfast in the morning - awesome. If you don't, do yourself the favor of throwing one of these make ahead breakfasts together the night before and you can enjoy the scents of a warm breakfast cooking in the morning without ever having to stand by a stove.
|Overnight German Chocolate Oatmeal|
|Fruited Irish Oatmeal|
|French Toast Casserole|
4. Decide on something you want to do and do it. Last year, I just wanted to be able to sit for a while and read a book and go to my favorite park to take a walk with my family. I never understood until I was a mom myself why my own mom always wanted to mow the lawn on Mother's Day...we had a large yard and it was a riding mower and it took a while and no one was allowed to bother her. Now, I get it.
5. Refuse to clean or do laundry. Just for this one day.
6. Let your kids make you dessert...or make a memory and make it with them. Then, maybe you can take it to your own mom to share. Here are a couple to try that kids can lend a hand in making:
How to enter: Go to our Facebook page or that of Sweet Boo Berry Pie and share any picture or link that strikes your fancy from either page. Your name will appear in our Facebook notifications and will be automatically entered into the drawing. Share as many of our pictures or links as you would like for more entries to the giveaway. One lucky winner will be selected at random using Random.com. This contest runs through May 15, 2014.
The prize: The winner will receive one ball chain and one locket from those pictured above, as well as a face plate, cook book charm, and two birthstones. (More charms and birthstones are available for purchase.) The winner will be announced on our Facebook page and will be contacted through Facebook messenger.