- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp plus 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I used an Uncle Ben's packet that took 90 seconds in the microwave)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1 tsp of the soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high. Add carrots and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken no longer pink - about 3 minutes.
- Mix in rice and remaining soy sauce; cook and stir for about 2-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Add green onions and then move chicken and rice mixture to one side of pan. Pour sesame oil into the other side of the pan. Allow to heat and then pour egg mixture in with the sesame oil. Allow to cook without stirring until beginning to set; then stir gently until completely set. Mix the eggs in with the rice and chicken.
Difficulty: easy to medium
Time: 25 minutes
Source: modified slightly from a recipe in Parents magazine, April 2014