|Be aware of peanut allergies and corresponding rules of your child's school if sending this snack to teachers!|
- 9 cups of Rice Cereal squares, like Chex (feel free to use corn or wheat or a combination of all three)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into quarters
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips. Microwave on High for 45 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 45 seconds longer. Stir. At this point, the mixture should be smooth; if need be, microwave for 20 seconds longer. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal and gently mix until coated.
- Put 3/4 cup of confectioner's sugar into each of two gallon-sized resealable bags. Put half of cereal mixture into each bag. Gently toss until coated. Spread on parchment paper to cool.
Difficulty: Super easy; kids can help a lot
Time: depends on if the kids are helping! This takes me about 30 minutes when my 6 and 4 year old help with the measuring, mixing, etc., but it takes less than half of that if I am doing it by myself.
Source: I think I may have made this with a friend in high school the first time. It was her mom's recipe.