Enter this tortellini soup...this amazing tortellini soup. Full of good stuff (like carrots and spinach) that blends so well with favorite flavors, this hearty soup is easy to make and has become my new favorite, for sure. I guess we are soup people, after all!
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup diced onion (or 1 small)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced (or 2 tsp)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots (or 2 medium)
- 1lb ground beef, browned
- 4 cups of loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- 4 cups beef broth (or 1 carton)
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 16 oz refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
- If using frozen tortellini, put bag in refrigerator to begin to thaw. Combine all other ingredients in the slow-cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 7 hours or HIGH for 5 hours. (I have only cooked this recipe on the LOW setting, personally.)
- Before adding tortellini, break up chunks of cream cheese with a whisk. Stir in tortellini. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes until tender and hot.
Time: ~20 minutes prep, 5.5 - 7.5 hours cooking