- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (do not substitute spread or margarine)
- 1/3 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- pretzels and/or graham cracker sticks for dipping
- Mix cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Add sugars gradually and beat until combined.
- Stir in chips. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Place on large sheet of plastic wrap. Shape into ball. Wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Before serving, roll in pecans. Serve with chocolate graham crackers.
Difficulty: easy, though this isn't a last-minute appetizer and is definitely easier if you have a stand mixer
Time: the hands-on time is minimal - maybe 15 minutes. However, there is refrigeration time necessary.
Source: my mom - many, many years ago