- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup of red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1-2 T diced jalapeno peppers (more or less to taste, depending on how spicy you like your salsa)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed (optional)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil corn for approximately 8 minutes. (If you are familiar with grilling corn and want to take the time to do so, this would be a good recipe to use grilled corn, too.) Cut the corn of the cob by slicing down the length of the corn a few rows at a time.
- Chop all of the veggies and the cilantro. Gently mix all ingredients. Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to come together. We enjoyed it even more the next day.
Difficulty: Easy to medium (because of the chopping)
Time: about 20 minutes
Source: combined from a few online salsa recipes