- 3/4 cup of flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound of asparagus, cut in half (dont' skip this step, it is much easier to work with when halved)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grind up panko and almonds in food processor until a fine powder (since I don't have one, I used a mini-chopper...it took awhile). Pour into a shallow dish.
- Dredge spears in flour and shake off.
- Dip spears in egg, followed by panko mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay on aluminum foil covered baking sheet. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes.
Time:20 minute prep, 20 minute baking time
Source: SpoonForkBacon blog