- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage (or ground beef, but I have only used sausage)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 jars of pizza sauce (about 28-30 oz total)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack (or cheddar)
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cubed
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add meat to the pan and cook, breaking into small pieces while cooking. When the meat is almost done, add the garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Once the meat is cooked through, reduce heat to medium low, add the pizza sauce and stir well. Then add the cheeses and stir until all of the cheese is completely melted. Transfer to fondue pot or desired serving dish. Serve with cubed bread for dipping.
Time: 20 minutes