- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 package button mushrooms washed patted dry and sliced
- 3 tsp, minced bottled garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- cooking spray
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Spray non stick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium high. Add the chicken and saute until brown on one side.
- Add garlic and flip over chicken breasts and add mushrooms. Continue cooking while stirring mushrooms. Cook for about 3 minutes then add vinegar, broth, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken, set aside and keep warm.
- Continue simmering sauce, uncovered for about 7 minutes. Discard bay leaf and pour mixture over chicken and serve.
Time: 25 minutes