|(You will need more apples than I have in this picture.)|
- 1/2 c old fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 3 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1/3 c plus 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 c plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 c walnut pieces
- 1/3 c butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 6 c apples (~5 med), sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix oats, graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup of flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, walnuts, butter, and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 2 Tbsp flour, and remaining 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Add sliced apples and toss to coat.
- Place apples in an 8 inch square baking dish; sprinkle with oat topping. Bake 35-40 minutes until apples are tender.
Difficulty: relatively easy, but a decent amount of measuring plus the slicing of the apples
Time: ~15 minutes prep, 35-40 minutes baking