|Sorry! I forgot to include the onion in the picture!!|
- 1 ready to use refrigerated pie crust
- 4 tomatoes (1 1/2 lb), chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onions
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves or 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (I used fresh and used more than this)
- 1 1/2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese
- 3 Tbsp Kraft mayo with Olive Oil Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie crust in pan as directed on package. Pierce sides and bottom with a fork. Bake 12-14 minutes or just until edge begins to brown.
- Place chopped tomatoes in a colander over the sink or a bowl. Press onto tomatoes with the back of a spoon to release as much of the juice as possible; discard juice.
- Sprinkle onions onto bottom of baked crust; top with tomatoes and basil. Combine cheese and mayo; spoon over tomatoes to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Bake 30-32 minutes, or until filling is heated through and crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with additional basil, if desired.
Time: 15 minutes prep; ~45 minutes oven time (divided into two parts)
Source: Kraft Food & Family magazine, Summer 2012 edition