I love eggs, but hate cleaning the skillet after preparing them... so I do a lot with my covered 9 x 13 cake pan with carrying handles. As an aside, that pan is the best Christmas present I ever got; no more messing around with aluminum foil or plastic wrap to cover leftovers. A few weeks ago, we had a good 4 dozen eggs in the house nearing expiration; I put out a call to some friends for some egg bake recipes. My family loved this one! It gave me about 15 good size breakfast portions. After a good morning run, my husband would get a hot (well, reheated) breakfast before work.
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 bag spinach (8 oz)
- 1 T olive oil
- green onions
- salt and pepper
- optional assorted vegetables (I add whatever is sitting around-mushrooms, peppers, zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Saute spinach for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer spinach to pan. Top with green onions (I just cut mine with shears over the pan) and cheese. Pour beaten eggs on top. Use a fork to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 35 minutes.
Time: 5 minute prep; 35 minute baking time
Source: a friend