- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- cayenne red pepper to taste (in our house, we use a lot)
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I used 2/3 of a spaghetti sauce jar)
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese (you can buy either shredded or the grated variety)
- 1 package (5 oz) garlic croutons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a casserole dish, pour olive oil.
- Add garlic and cayenne red pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in dish.
- Cover with sauce; spread over chicken.
- Top with basil.
- Layer with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Top with croutons.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes (internal temperature of 155 degrees Fahrenheit, or cut it and check like me)
Time:10 minute prep time; 45 minutes baking time