- 1lb fresh or frozen skinless cod, orange roughy, or catfish fillets, about 1/2 inch thick (I have also made with tilapia)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried dillweed
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp margarine or butter, melted
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 4 serving size pieces. Place milk in shallow dish. Place flour in another shallow dish. In a third shallow dish combine breadcrumbs, cheese, dillweed, and pepper. Toss with melted margarine.
- Dip each piece of fish in the milk, then in the flour. Dip again in the milk, then in the crumb mixture to coat all sides. Place fish on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, for 6 to 9 minutes or till fish flakes easily with a fork.
Time: 10-15 minutes prep, 6-9 minutes baking
Source: Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook