The first time I made it I skimped on the infused vinegar and just used what I had at home; it was good, but when made as directed, it is amazing. Kale is usually a product in my CSA. I have used it for smoothies, baked chips, salads, and sauteed. This is by far my favorite use of kale.
|I forgot the Craisins.|
- 1/3 cup fig infused vinegar
- 1/6 cup blood orange olive oil
- 1 bunch chopped kale
- 2/3 of a can of Mandarin oranges, reserve 3 T juice
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Craisins, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate kale in dressing overnight. If possible, shake container a few times.
- Top with oranges, juice, Craisins, Feta cheese, and pine nuts.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.
TIME: 15 minutes, but needs to marinate overnight.
SOURCE: a friend from church