- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce (or homemade sauce)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
- 1 container (16 oz) low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Begin cooking pasta. Brown meat with garlic and oregano. Stir in spaghetti sauce, simmer 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, remove from heat.
- Spread 1/2 c of sauce in 13 x 9 baking dish. Layer 3 noodles, 1 c of cottage cheese, 1/2 c Mozarella, and 1 c sauce in dish. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce mixture.
- Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover; top with 1 c mozarella. Bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Time: about 25 minutes prep and then another 35 minutes to cook, plus 5 minutes to stand after cooking.
Source: adapted from Kraft Food and Family