After opening the slow cooker to shred the chicken, my husband arrived in the kitchen following the aroma. He remarked twice how great it smelled and how he couldn't wait to eat! I started to worry that the meal would meet his expectations. I had no need to worry; everyone ate the tender, marinated chicken hungrily. The high praise from John continued, "I think this is the best meat dish you've ever made-it's tender, perfectly shredded, moist, tangy! I could eat it all! Make sure you write this one down."
- 5- 6 chicken breasts
- 8 oz. pineapple juice (the amt in the can)
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- slider buns
- Place 5-6 chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix pinapple juice and soy sauce. Pour over chicken.
- Add one cup barbeque sauce. Cook on low for 4 hours (since I tend to use frozen chicken, I bump my cooking time to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. Shred with two forks. Put back in slow cooker for 30 minutes.
- Serve on buns, garnish as desired.
Time: 4 hours