- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana (3 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- a handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 8 x 4 x 2 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, mashed bananas, sugar, and cooking oil. Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts and chocolate chips, if using.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Difficulty: Measuring aside, this is easy and delicious.
Time: 15 minutes prep, 50 minutes baking
Source: adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, 11th edition