- 1 qt small red or new potatoes (8 or so), cut into quarters (or smaller, depending on the size of the potato)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise with olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pesto
- fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil; add a pinch of salt and the potatoes. Boil for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. (Careful not to overcook; you don't want mashed potatoes!)
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, olive oil, lemon juice, and pesto until thoroughly combined.
- Drain the potatoes and place in serving bowl. Pour dressing mixture on top and gently stir. Add chopped basil, salt, and pepper; stir again.
Time: 20 minutes
Source: adapted from The Pioneer Woman's recipe of the same name (click here to see original)