- 48 Hershey Kisses
- 1/2 c shortening
- 3/4 c peanut butter
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/3 c packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until blended.
- Add 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate piece into center of each cookie. Cookie will crack around edges. Cool on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Difficulty: I think these are relatively easy as far as cookies go, but I have made easier
Time: 10 minutes prep; 8-10 minutes baking per batch
Source: my mom (or the back of the bag of Hershey Kisses)