It took me no time at all to find a recipe that I wanted to try. In fact, I only got to page 18 before this simple and delicious Beef Stroganoff recipe jumped out at me from the "Warming Winter Dishes" chapter. I love that the book is arranged by season, and I am really looking forward to delving into the "Slow & Easy Summer" chapter when I will make some seasonal veggie-laden meals like the Zucchini Parmesan on page 132. There are great looking desserts (Peach Cobbler, anyone?) and even a slow cooker adaptation of our favorite cheesy potatoes! Filled with a variety of soups, appetizers, main dishes, and desserts, there really is something for everyone (and every occasion!) in this book.
Make sure you enter to win a copy of Slow Cooking All Year 'Round by logging into the Rafflecopter giveaway at the bottom of this page!
- 1-1/4 lbs stew beef cubes (I used 1-3/4)
- 1-1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10-3/4 oz)
- 1.35 oz package onion soup mix
- 16 oz package wide egg noodles
- (I think adding a can of sliced mushrooms would be a great addition to this, too!)
- Place beef in slow cooker. In a bowl, combine sour cream, soup and soup mix; spoon over beef.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, cook noodles according to package directions; drain and stir into beef mixture. Warm through.
Time: 5 minutes prep, 4 hours cook
Source: Gooseberry Patch's Slow Cooking All Year Round, Copyright 2012
a Rafflecopter giveaway