- 4 pork chops, about 3/4 inches thick (there is so much of the rice/apple mixture left at the end that I think it would be totally fine to throw a couple more chops in if your family is a bit hungrier)
- 1 medium onion, sliced*
- 1 8 oz container of sliced mushrooms (or slice them yourself if the whole ones are on sale)
- 2 Tbs of balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 2 apples, sliced*
- 1 10 1/2 oz can of condensed chicken broth
- 1 broth can of water
- 1-1/2 c of instant rice
- dried thyme (about 1 tsp)
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Brown pork chops in skillet on med-high for about 3 minutes on each side. (*I slice the apples and onions while the chops are browning.)
- Add mushrooms, onions, and dressing to the pan and cook about 4 minutes longer.
- Add apples, thyme, broth, water, and rice. Mix around until everything is moistened.
- Turn heat down to medium, cover skillet, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Time: about 30 minutes
Source: adapted from Kraft Food and Family magazine