- can of cherry pie filling (21 oz)
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup of walnuts (optional)
- Grease the slow cooker (a 4 quart one works great) or put a crock pot liner to save clean up time (I just bought my first box of them!).
- Add cherry pie filling to slow cooker.
- Mix dry cake mix and butter (to make a crumbly mixture)-if time is a problem, I have just dumped the cake mix in and topped with butter.
- Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Add walnuts on top if desired.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- Serve with ice cream.
Difficulty: Super easy
Time: Less than 5 minute prep
Source: adapted from my godmother